Saturday, December 6, 2008

So here it is the middle of the night. I am up because I have caught myself a doosy of a cold and I am congested and have a sore throat and so I can't get comfortable. The only way I can breathe is sitting up so here I am. I got ambitious today and cut out and sewed up a skirt. It was actually fun. I haven't sewn anything for quite some time mainly because my sewing machine has a mind of its' own. I will be sewing along fine doing a straight stitch and all of a sudden my machine will decide I need to be zig zagging instead so it changes stitches on me. The other day Angela was using it to put together a quilt and it decided to start embroidering, so it went into a flower pattern. I called the company and they said that they really can't troubleshoot a computerized machine so I have to send it to Monteal Canada to get fixed. They are sending me a shipping label. I just haven't decided if I want to let it go that far away.
I am not sure what I am going to do with myself tomorrow because Gary is feeling better now so he is going to go spend the day plowing at the ranch and Angela and Aaron and the boys are heading off to Las Vegas to see Aarons parents before they leave for Christmas so I will be all alone. I think I will go to school and change out a hard drive on a computer and see if I can make it useful again. We keep getting new students so I can't afford to let a computer in the lab be down and no one else attempts to fix them so I have learned (self taught) how to dismantle and change out parts on them. It is really kind of fun and I am always excited when they actually work when I put them back together. I have been doing MAPS testing last week and will continue it this week until I get all the students second through fifth in the school tested in math, reading, and language arts. We are also practicing for our Christmas performance so I have had to schedule each class around that. The good thing is that it will be all done before we get out for Christmas break.
So Christmas will be here before I know it and I still haven't come up with an idea of what to get Gary for Christmas. I have a hard time surprising him anymore because he likes to get tools and I have bought him so many of them that I have to have him actually pick out the new ones so that I don't get him repeats of something he already has and then he gets the ones he really wants. I just don't think there are many more to get him. Our garage is full of wood working tools like saws, sanders, planes, drills, biscuit machines, etc. you name it he has it. I think we will go shopping next weekend and he can pick out yet another tool. SURPRISE!!!! I still have to wrap up the grandkids presents. I wrapped up some of them and sent them home after Thanksgiving, but I still have to wrap for Tyson, Ryan, Ben, and Jacob. Wrapping isn't my favorite thing. I have never been so slothful when it comes to Christmas but I just am not in the Christmas mood this year with everything that has been going on around here.
Merry Christmas to all and to ALL a good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come fix our computer, it's completely irritating and the guy at the computer place never called me back!

Anngee and Shane said...

You are a very busy woman! I figure if you can't sleep you might as well get up and do something productive. I too have a sewing machine with a mind of its own.