Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas is soon here

Wow, only 3 more days til Christmas. We really missed our chance at a white christmas this year because it came a week too soon. The snow is almost all gone but the cold lingers. Tomorrow Angela and I are heading over to St. George so she can go to the doctor. Grandpa is going to stay home and tend Ben and Jacob. They should have an interesting day. Grandpa is hoping it will snow because he told the kids if it does they will go out in little whitey and spin doughnuts. Gary and I are on a little winter vacation now. We actually have 17 days off of work and don't go back until January 5th. I hope I can catch up on my sleep but I doubt that will happen because I have an internal clock that makes my eyes pop open at 4 a.m. every morning. We did buy a prime rib roast so we can fix it for Christmas dinner. Gary likes to cook them every year and I like it when he does because then I don't have to cook it. We were planning a little trip to Battle Mountain to help Jason with some electrical wiring on his garage, but the ground is to frozen to dig a trench for the wiring, so I don't know what we will be doing. I think we are having a dfs person (division of family services) come to inspect the house on the 27th for a safety check and if that happens then we will have to be here for that. I talked to some people last week and they said that we are probably going to get the girls at the end of January so we also need to convert my sewing/computer room back into a bedroom for them. I hope they will be happy here and that we can provide for them what they aren't getting at home. I will keep all updated about it later when I find out more info. Changing gears a little, I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and Santa leaves what everyone wants. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

3 comments:

Dawny said...

It sounds like you'll be busy. You guys are so good to take in 2 little girls, your hearts are so big. May the Lord bless you for being there for them.
So you have a vacation, what fun, good luck with the sleeping in thing.You're always going,and busy doing a variety of things.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Andrea said...

There's still a chance for snow this week too. Hopefully everything will go well for the check so that the girls can get here in a stable environment.

Anngee and Shane said...

Wow you are awesome Annette! That is a really great thing you are doing and they will grow to appreciate it. Have fun on your break and TRY to sleep in.