Tuesday, June 30, 2009

monthly news

I can't believe it has been a month (actually a little more than that) since I have posted on my blog. It is probably because I am a little overwhelmed with all the activity in the late summer - early autumn of my life. I am finding out how much energy I don't have with trying to keep up with two girls. On the average there are usually 7 - 8 children at my house on a daily basis. I am learning to just let them run circles and as long as no one is getting killed it is ok. I just don't have the energy to keep up with them. This week there have been only 4 or 5 at my house at any given time because Angela and Aaron and the kids are on vacation but guess what it is still just as active around here. We put up the pool outside and put portable corrals around it for the protective fence and the kids want to be in it all the time. It is a great cooling off activity for them and they have learned that as long as they follow the rules it is good. So far we haven't had much of a problem except they want to jump in off of the ladder and it just isn't deep enough for that. We are excited that we are getting a trip to the temple on the 11th to see Jason, Leslie, Brock and Jaylee all sealed. I can hardly wait. It is so exciting !!!! I think it will just be Gary and I and grandma earlene and Jeremy and Andrea there with them from our side of the family and then whoever is there from Leslie's side. It will be a wonderful day. We are going to travel to Richfield on Friday the tenth, Gary will be in the truck pulling the camp trailer and I will be in the car. We will stay at grandmas on Friday night and leave the girls there with Cathy and Vicki while we go up to Bountiful for the sealing. We are going to go back to Richfield Saturday and spend the night at grandma's again and then get up on Sunday morning and head for the hills to camp for a week. I am really looking forward to the camping because we have not been at all yet this year. The girls are looking forward to it also. I am not sure if they are good campers but we will find out.
Changing the subject, Gary had an MRI last week on his kidney and they called him today and said that they need to get the biopsy done as soon as possible, so we will be going to St. George on July 6th. We have to be at the hospital at 9:30 a.m. for the procedure. I think it is just an outpatient thing so we won't be staying in St. George overnight. Andrea has graciously agreed to watch the girls for me. I am so glad she is willing to do that for me. I know it would not be easy to haul them over there and have them just sit all day with nothing to do.
Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July celebration. It is always dear to my heart because I was able to give birth to my oldest son, Michael, on that day 32 years ago. I wish I could see him for his birthday and give him a big momma hug but that isn't going to happen. Anyway, I love him and wish him a happy birthday.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm excited for the sealing too :)

Leslie said...

I am so excited that you guys will be there to share the most exciting day of our lives with us! I can't wait!

Dawny said...

Way to go Annie, I'm glad you blogged.I'm happy for JASON AND lESLIE TOO. i'M JEALOUS, I WANT TO GO CAMPING SOOOO BAD. ,hAVE FUN!!!

Angela said...

Hey mom - hang in there. 1 more week and you will be living it up on cove!